Warranty at Clive Brook Volvo
THE NEW VOLVO CAR WARRANTY IS DESCRIBED BELOW:
• For three years from the date that the vehicle is delivered to the first owner or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, any component failure attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.
• For three years from the date that the vehicle is delivered to the first owner, any paintwork defects and surface rust attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.
• For twelve years on the S40, V50, C70, S80 and C30, and eight years for the rest of the range, from the date that the vehicle is delivered to the first owner, rust perforation through any sheet metal body panel attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.
EXTENDING YOUR WARRANTY
Volvo can offer the option to extend the period and mileage limit of the standard 3 year/60,000 mile warranty. This enables customers, who intend keeping their Volvo beyond the manufacturer warranty period, to enjoy a similar level of protection for an extended period.
Main Features and Benefits
Cover option 1 - Extends your current 3 year/60,000 mile manufacturer warranty to 4 year/60,000 miles, whichever comes sooner
Cover option 2 - Extends your current 3 year/60,000 mile manufacturer warranty to 4 year/80,000 miles, whichever comes sooner
All cover options include the following features:
All major mechanical and electrical parts cover – we list parts that are not covered, you are covered for everything else
Full parts and labour cover – we pay the full costs of genuine Volvo parts and labour time required to fit them
Claim limit is unlimited – the only limit to the amount you can claim is the price you paid for the vehicle
Available at any time up till 3 years/60,000 miles – if you choose not to buy at time of purchase of new vehicle, you can purchase later but prices may vary
All cover options include the following additional benefits:
Recovery charges – covers costs attached to recovering your vehicle to the nearest authorised repairer
Replacement vehicle – keeping you mobile in a 'like for like' vehicle
Overnight hotel expenses – helping with unexpected expenses
Emergency travel – helping you to get to your final destination
Continental use – ensures you are covered whilst travelling in Europe
Consequential damage – helping cover costs on non-covered items and personal possessions
The warranty offers full protection against the cost or replacement of any factory fitted mechanical or electrical component which suffers a sudden mechanical or electrical failure.
The only exceptions are:
• Exhaust system (catalytic converters are covered), tyres and batteries.
• Parts replaced as a result of fair wear and tear including, but not limited to, clutch plates, brake shoes, pads and discs, wiper blades, bulbs and fuses.
• Damage to paintwork, trim, glass or chrome work or any damage caused by any external influence including, but not limited to, bird lime and atmospheric fall-out, stone chips and scratches.
• Bodywork and wheel corrosion.
Vehicles should be serviced in accordance with the Volvo servicing schedule by an authorised Volvo repairer. Failure to do so may invalidate this insurance. A leeway of one month or 1,000 miles is permitted.
Should you have any doubts concerning the service requirements of your Volvo, then please contact your Volvo dealer for clarification.
Maximum Claim Limit
There is no limit to any individual claim, with the exception of claims for out of pocket expenses. However, our total liability over the warranty period is the purchase price of the vehicle (i.e. the price you paid for it).
In the event of a claim arising which is covered by the policy, the insurance will also provide a contribution towards the costs incurred as follows:
Recovery Charges: Recovery Charges up to £150 (including VAT).
Replacement Vehicle Hire: You are entitled to a like for like car for a maximum of ten days, whilst your vehicle is being repaired (excluding the first 24 hours of repair period) per claim.
Overnight Hotel Expenses: Up to £100 per person (including VAT) towards one night’s accommodation expenses for up to five persons who may be travelling in the insured vehicle at the time of breakdown.
Emergency Travel: Up to £100 per claim (including VAT) for emergency travel required as a result of mechanical breakdown, up to a maximum of £300 (including VAT) per policy period.
Continental Use: Cover is extended to the continent of Europe for UK residents. Valid repair costs will be reimbursed at UK rates. Consequential Damage: Covers damage to the vehicle and contents due to the failure of a covered part.